With only one month until the 13th of March deadline, the very first SBID Product Design Awards competition from the Society of British and International Interior Design is creating a splash with its international jury composed of the crème-de-la-crème in industrial and interior design, brand development, architecture, educational research and forward-thinking enterprise.
Pioneering product, industrial and interior designers, as well as state-of-the-art manufacturers and suppliers from around the globe, have an exceptional opportunity to present their innovations to visionary leaders who understand that outstanding design is key to business success. With their diverse areas of expertise, members of the judging panel bring insights based on their unique perspectives and experiences, resulting in a holistic consideration of each entry. The SBID Product Design Awards just received the Awards Trust Mark accreditation at the topmost Gold level, championing the competition’s focus on ethics in scoring, feedback, transparency and judging.
An esteemed jury from around the globe will evaluate original products completed in the last two years across 17 categories.
The full panel of judges includes: Can Tufekcioglu, principal interior designer, Arcadis; Carolina Sandri, creative director, Casa Forma; Chris Dezille, founder and creative director, Honky; Constantina Tsoutsikou, founder and creative director, Studio Lost; David Chang, founder and design director, David Chang Design Associates International; Dr. Jeff Ning, president, Wanda Hotels and Resorts; Dr. Vanja Garaj, head of design, Department of Design, Brunel University London; Gary Clark, principal, regional leader of science and technology, HOK London Studio; Graham Robinson, showroom and design manager, Halcyon Interiors; Heinz Richardson, principal, Jestico + Whiles Architects and Designers; Henry Reeve, director of interior design, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG); Herbert Lui, partner, Dexter Moren Associates; Johnny Grey, kitchen architect, Johnny Grey Studios; Kar-Hwa Ho, head of interior architecture, Zaha Hadid Architects; Karim Rashid, designer and president, Karim Rashid Inc.; Katharine Pooley, ceo and founder, Katharine Pooley Ltd.; Lesley McMillan, interior designer, City of Edinburgh Council; Letitia Fitzgibbon, head of interior design, Harrods Interior Design; Monika Moser, regional managing director London, New York and Paris, Wilson Associates; Nicholas Cowell, director, Cowell Group; Simone de Gale, ceo and director, Simone de Gale Architects; Stella Gittins, co-founder and group director, Accouter Group of Companies; Tim Bowder- Ridger, senior partner, Conran + Partners; Trevor Cotterell, managing director, Areen; and Vasiliki Petrou, group ceo and executive vice president, Unilever Prestige.
Winners of the 2020 SBID Product Design Awards will be chosen via a three-part process. A technical judging panel evaluates entries’ professional merit and determines the finalists to be announced 9 April. From this selection, the extraordinary jury of the foremost industry experts will decide 70% of the winners’ scores, with the remaining 30% the result of an online public vote that will be live until 30 April.
In what promises to be a glittering celebration with stars of the design world, the top project in each category will be revealed during an awards ceremony at Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London, on Friday, 5 June 2020.