Following the debut of Moxy Hotels at the Milan Malpensa Airport in Italy this September, Marriott International plans to open five additional locations in key cities throughout Europe by the end of 2015, and is expected to sign a further 13 hotels in Europe by the end of this year. Moxy Hotels is projected to reach 150 hotels within the next 10 years.
The list of scheduled Moxy Hotels openings are as follows:
- The 162-room Moxy Milan Malpensa Airport, located at Terminal Two
- The 317-room Moxy Munich Airport, located approximately five minutes from the main terminal
- The 190-room Moxy Berlin Ostbahnhof, centrally located near Ostbahnhof train station
- The 305-room Moxy Frankfurt Gateway Gardens, located approximately five minutes from Frankfurt Airport
- The 266-room Moxy Berlin Airport, located at the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport
- The 229-room Moxy Oslo Exporama, located approximately 15 minutes from the airport and city centre
Created in partnership with Nordic Hospitality and with Inter Hospitality Holding as the owner and developer of the first six properties, Moxy Hotels is one of the newest brands within the Marriott International global portfolio. Each hotel will be designed with the latest technology to allow guests to connect, as well as offering inviting social spaces with self-sufficient service elements.
The design and colour palette will feature calming, neutral tones reminiscent of rich brown leather, combined with natural materials to evoke an organic, comfortable and restorative feel. Each room will feature a floor-to-ceiling signature art wall, which will be hand-selected to reflect the destination. Guest rooms will be functional and well-designed, with upscale bath amenities, large flat-screen televisions and built-in USB ports conveniently located throughout the room.
Amy McPherson, president and managing director at Marriott International in Europe, comments: “Today’s global traveller is looking for a stylish travel experience with modern technology at an affordable price. The economy sector is the fastest growing segment in Europe, and we see tremendous opportunity to deliver a product that truly exceeds expectation. With the planned opening of the Moxy Milan Malpensa this year, we are hopeful that we can redefine economy travel for the next generation traveller.”