Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide has introduced Sheraton Grand, a new premier tier that recognises exceptional Sheraton hotels and resorts for their enticing destinations, distinguished designs, and excellence in service and guest experiences.
Starwood revealed the first ten Sheraton Grand properties, which span from Bangalore to Beijing, Dubai to Edinburgh, Miyazaki to Seoul, Taipei to Bangkok, and Tokyo to Rio de Janeiro. By the end of the year, Starwood expects to have 50 newly-designated Sheraton Grand hotels around the world, with plans for 100 by early 2017.
“Sheraton is Starwood’s largest and most global brand, and as we continue our work to firmly keep Sheraton in the spotlight, we recognize the need to better match guest expectations for the brand around the world,” says Adam Aron, Starwood CEO on an interim basis. “Sheraton Grand celebrates our standout hotels and helps us further reinforce Sheraton as a trusted voice in global travel.”
The Sheraton Grand designation signifies an exemplary hotel offering for both guests and local communities, with hallmarks including:
· Resorts, convention properties, and urban hotels that offer unrivalled standards of service and outperform guest satisfaction benchmarks
· Dynamic guestrooms and public spaces exhibiting sophisticated design and elevated finishes
· Desirable and sought-after locations ranging from primary city settings to spectacular beachfronts
· Impressive hotel amenities, including top-rated restaurant concepts and renowned chefs, superior gyms, unique Sheraton Club lounges, and an array of idyllic spa options
· Inspiring and state-of-the-art function space for events, meetings, and conferences
“We expect many of our Sheraton hotels to achieve the Sheraton Grand designation, and we will work with our owners to open new Sheraton Grand hotels or renovate existing properties to ensure a consistent and exceptional experience in our new premier tier,” says Dave Marr, Global Brand Leader, Sheraton Hotels & Resorts. “The worldwide network of Sheraton Grand will promote growth and lure more high-end travellers for the Sheraton brand globally, and we look forward to welcoming 100 Sheraton Grand hotels by early 2017.”
As Sheraton Grand formally launches worldwide, the tier will also encompass a number of existing properties that historically list Grand or Grande in their title and also demonstrate the best of the brand.
As part of the burgeoning network, the first Sheraton Grand hotels represent the high-touch elements synonymous with the new elevated tier:
· Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel – Brigade Gateway-Situated in a landscaped 40-acre neighbourhood in India’s IT capital, the property features a luxurious infinity pool, panoramic views of the adjacent Brigade Lake, and stately guestrooms that blend sophisticated earth tones with plush fabrics.
· Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel -in the heart of Beijing’s business district, the hotel offers impressive culinary experiences, an array of spectacular function space totalling more than 25,000 square feet, commanding views of the famous Bird’s Nest and Water Cube stadiums, and easy access to historical attractions, such as the Great Wall.
· Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai-a 54-story beacon on the city’s popular Sheikh Zayed Road, the first Sheraton new-build in Dubai in more than 30 years features a rooftop pool, a spa spanning more than 10,000 square feet with stylish treatment facilities, a glamorous ballroom sitting beneath striking chandeliers, and refined guestrooms with stunning views of the city’s landmarks.
· Sheraton Grand Edinburgh Hotel – with an enviable city-centre location, the hotel has dramatic views of Edinburgh castle, and is home to an award-winning spa with a lavish infinity pool, as well as a vibrant restaurant serving an inventive menu of British dishes and drinks, including more than 60 premium varieties of gin.
· Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort-the only beach-front hotel in Rio de Janeiro, the resort features stunning views of the city’s towering mountains, landmarks and tropical surf, and boasts an extensive spa with ocean views, fully remodelled guestrooms and suites, and a variety of dining options, including the award-winning L’etoile, overseen by renowned French chef Jean Paul Bondoux.
· Sheraton Grande Ocean Resort – the award-winning golf resort boasts panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean; 10 restaurants and bars offering guests a variety of dining experiences, including Tatsuya Kawagoe Miyazaki operated by celebrity chef Tatsuya; a dual-personality cocktail bar that shifts décor from morning to night; and a chic full-service spa.
· Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit-an iconic address in the heart of Bangkok, this majestic hotel features a wide variety of exquisite suites surrounded by tropical gardens, award-winning restaurants, a rejuvenating spa that serves as a sanctuary of stillness and a dramatic free-form pool nestled by lush gardens.
· Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel-a cultural oasis in the heart of Taipei that offers magnificent restaurants catering to all palates, more than 25,000 square feet of unparalleled function space, and outstanding recreational facilities that include a squash court, modern fitness centre, palatial massage parlour, and a reinvigorating sauna.
· Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel– an official hotel of Tokyo Disney Resort®, the property boasts lush on-site gardens, scenic waterfront vistas and soothing waterfalls in the heart of Japan’s capital, making itself the perfect family getaway with use of hydroponic farming to produce unforgettable meals, and onsite gardens inclusive of premium sports and arcade facilities such as Treasures! Island and Namco Land Game Arcade.
· Sheraton Grande Walkerhill-designed to highlight the natural surroundings of the Han River and forest paths sheltered by Acha Mountain, the property offers a glittering casino, three floors of world-class luxury shopping and a seasonal camping area where guests can barbeque.