The Sustainable Hospitality Alliance (the Alliance) has announced the launch of the Net Positive Hospitality Academy (the Academy), a groundbreaking sustainable training system that will empower the hospitality industry and translate vision into action.
With the generous support of XU sustainable, this innovative initiative aims to educate all stakeholders on sustainability and the Net Positive Pathway, transcending sectors, and supply chains with a comprehensive top-down and bottom-up approach.
Unveiled during the Alliance’s “Mainstreaming Net Positive Summit” on October 18th at the London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, the Academy is set to provide scalable knowledge assets, tools, and training programmes that will equip the sector with the necessary skills and resources to accelerate sustainability. At its core, the Academy will offer a multi-device e-learning platform, guaranteeing an exceptional user experience and allowing for seamless customisation and scalability. The platform will be available through licenses and can be tailored to individual hotel groups through a white-label solution.
The Academy’s ultimate objective is to drive transformative change within the wider ecosystem, revolutionising how the industry recruits new talent, plans, and constructs new hotels, and establishes supply and value chains. Together, they aspire to establish the ‘Thought Leadership of Net Positive Thinking’ as the standard in the global hospitality sector through a new digital education and certification framework.
Key features of the Net Positive Hospitality Academy include:
1. Customised learning journeys and resources on sustainability, tailored to the specific needs of our industry, encompassing courses, masterclasses, live sessions with experts, and a constantly updated media library.
2. High-quality standards upheld by collaborating with experts, showcasing best cases, and partnering with renowned hotels and universities.
3. Availability at any time and from anywhere through an intuitive online platform, specially tailored to target groups.
4. Seamless integration into hotel learning management systems (LMS), ensuring effortless implementation and adoption.
5. Easy scalability of content to reach the entire ecosystem, extending the Academy’s positive impact far and wide.
Glenn Mandziuk, Chief Executive Officer of the Sustainable Hospitality Alliance, expressed his enthusiasm, stating: “As part of our five-year strategy and within our Net Positive Pathway, our aim is to equip the hotel industry with the qualifications and skills needed for tomorrow. Our Academy will offer sustainable expertise at the click of a button. The learning experience platform will provide learners with personalised recommendations, news feeds, and skill assessments, revolutionising their learning journey. This will undoubtedly be a game-changer for our industry.”
The Alliance’s Summit served as the inaugural step in the establishment of the Academy, fostering collaborative discussions to create industry-specific content and develop a robust framework for the prototype. Anticipated to launch in the first quarter of 2024, the Academy will be fully operational by the third quarter of the same year.